What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Improved search & content indexing

Create an index of all the content within a Joomla site for improved searching and cross-linking of content. Improve search performance, accuracy, and relevance.

181 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ron SeverdiaAdminRon Severdia (Joomla Leadership Team, Joomla!) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AntonioAntonio shared a merged idea: Index searches  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tristan BaileyTristan Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These comments are almost all covered by Smart Search (Finder) which is now built in.

I would like to add though, the Smart Search does not have good statistics for what is searched on in backend

• DeldadamDeldadam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to:-
        - exlude individual sections/categories from searchable area (ie: search doesn't provide results/hits from an article which belongs to forbidden category/section)
        - exlude individual article from searchable area (ie.: even the article's category/section is searchable, the article itself will not show up in the results)
        - the same 2 things for external component's content

Note: these ideas arised using J1.5. I've just arrived to J1.6 where the newly introduced ACL can be a solution for the above thingies. Ie.: I don't see the point to make public an article while we restrict the search in the same article. Probably I can control the searchable contents with the new ACL easier. (Just installed J1.6 yesterday :D).

• Tomy TranTomy Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As in Wordpress, whenever I post a new article, it is automatically ping to search engine. I dont know why this matter comes to Joomla code and it is harder and lower to be indexed in search engine than use Wordpress code.

• Marco CorròMarco Corrò commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea! In addition to this I would really really really like to see a parameter to "exclude item/article from search". Or should I send this in as a separate idea? Might as well be an option in the suggested index...

Feedback and Knowledge Base