What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Media Manager Expansion

Expand the Media Manager to allow users to build media galleries which can be displayed in various ways. Build functionality to handle basic image manipulation or integrate with third party media manipulation services such as photoshop.com or kaltura.com.

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark DexterAdminMark Dexter (Admin, Joomla!) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DonDon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see something along the lines of what WordPress does for its media that will automatically create several sizes of an image, allow you to attach alt text and descriptions to it, automatically rename an image, etc. It gets old having to explain to clients that they must first size their images using an external program or website, rename it, and then upload them before adding them to their article or whatever.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 important things:

1. Auto resize for uploaded images.
        2. Auto creating miniatures.
        3. Image descriptions.
        4. Built-in, integrated with Media Manager gallery component!

Idea is simple. Out of the box, you should be able to upload photos and show them as a gallery. EVERY ONE SINGLE WEBSITE I have built needed a gallery.

• paul.necsoiupaul.necsoiu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

media manager should have an option to create folders for each registered user (for example for user 15 automaticaly create folder 15 in media files) for storing his personal files.

• babeufbabeuf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The media manager should also support major media types like mp3, pdf (i can not include pdf from the article view)

Feedback and Knowledge Base