What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Content Commenting

Implement a commenting system available for content. Use the search index as a common location for content for commenting.

700 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark DexterAdminMark Dexter (Admin, Joomla!) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LernVidLernVid shared a merged idea: I reylly want to see an included comment system. It would be very well to so many sites .  ·   · 
    Kak AbbasKak Abbas shared a merged idea: Built-in Comment System  ·   · 
    IsaiIsai shared a merged idea: comments in joomla core  ·   · 
    Jonas MyrhaugJonas Myrhaug shared a merged idea: comment function  ·   · 
    kirilkiril shared a merged idea: Comments!  ·   · 
    Kak AbbasKak Abbas shared a merged idea: Built in comment system  ·   · 
    James DurrantJames Durrant shared a merged idea: Core Comments Component  ·   · 

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would also love to see Joomla-native commenting support. Like for example captcha became.
        The site administartor can install additional commenting systems which he likes best. And every 3rd party extension developers can integrate it in their extesions.
        So also the look-and-feel stays the same on the whole site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Commenting is missing feature of Joomla. That's why we are using wordpress for many cms/blog projects

• tudingtuding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that the "Commenting" will be other extension's base.
        This is conducive to the unified use and management of the comment on the content.

• Qasim AliQasim Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

currently K2 component is providing this functionality. You can comment on any article. Its content structure is better than joomla.

• .:. __.:. __ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldn't be limited to Content (Articles) all components should be able to use comments the same counts for voting and linkback.

Making it a lot easier to manage, instead of having to go into each component to review/edit/delete.

The only info needed to support several components is the extension id and "content id" (article, image, video, post.. id).

• bashir ahmad nooribashir ahmad noori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think comment system is the important section of a CMS, i don't know why joomla has not this feature built in !
        See Drupal, Wordpress etc.. all CMS has this facility.
        hope to be add this option for the next version.

• Giu Tae KimGiu Tae Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A clean native comment component with multilanguage capabilities.... Elementary, my dear Watson

• Abhikalak ConsultantsAbhikalak Consultants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Third party solutions don't seem to have the quality and don't meet the release timelines. Its essential that it be part of Joomla. It will save a lot of hassles and pain. I strongly recommend having it as part of the core.

• Rouven WeßlingAdminRouven Weßling (Admin, Joomla!) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Geshi is not only used as a content editor but also powers the template editing features of com_templates. And voting is an incredibly small feature.

You are right about banners and there have been discussions before whether to keep it or not. Thus far it was always kept but no guarantees that it won't meet the fate of pools sometime in the future.

• Jan KrohnJan Krohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But then most websites don't need Geshi, or banners, or content voting, which all is also part of the core (which I'm very pleased of by the way, so I don't have to crawl for updates on these myself).

So the argument that some websites don't need comments is not very strong, especially since comments are nowadays definitely more popular than the above mentioned features.

• eyupeyup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is note good to have it in core. There is good 3rd party solutions about comment. Because every website doesn't need to use it.

• johnnydementjohnnydement commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me thw web 2.0 is past gone, all hail the social 3.0... comments are not enough, people prefer to comment into their own social circles, instead on an unknown blog/site, we need to be able for our site visitors to comment our site with their friends, and yet, be able to loyalize them, comments are needed, indeed, but not enough, we need them to be cross-shared with social sites, facebook and twitter at least, disqus or intensedebate is the way to go for me, but our communities can't be forgot... kudos for CB, jomsocial, and the rest ;)

• TodecayTodecay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With avatar, nothing big. Just adding the possibilliy to add an avatar to your profile that will appear in the new comment system :)

• .:. __.:. __ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ABTOP yes there are some "okay" once out there. But they all rely on their own database tables making it hard to migrate extension. Plus if devs know where to find the comment data it will open up for new types of intererting uses.

And as Александр Субботин says, it can be build to facilitate 3rd-party extensions hooking into it.

@ CraZy675 just because "many" don't need it, doen't mean it shouldn't be a core feature.

• ABTOPABTOP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need to include this into the core. Current 3rd party solutions do a fine job

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base