What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

A native Content Construction Kit

The possibilty to create custom content types. Choose the fields and fieldtypes they should have. The works.

3,872 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MichielMichiel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Flexicontent  ·   · 

143 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • abacmediaabacmedia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No further replacements of the core. An easy CCK integrated into the core of Joomla that take advantage of new features (tags, versioning ...). It would be wonderful!

• Mark SimkoMark Simko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep CCK as an extension. Thtere's enough complexity now. As an extension, those that need a CCK can add the one they like or need.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A CCK would be very welcome. But within the CCK I would like to see easy creation of 1-to-many and many-to-many relations and the possibillity to use the realtions when creating forms and views, both in the frontend and in the backend.

• Samuel MehrbrodtSamuel Mehrbrodt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone.
        This issue is a big deal for me, so I'm willing to pay USD 20.00 for it.
        This offer is registered on FreedomSponsors (http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/371/a-native-content-construction-kit-cck-for-joomla).
        If you solve it (according to the acceptance criteria described there), please register on FreedomSponsors and mark it as resolved there
        I'll then check it out and gladly pay up!

Oh, and if anyone else also wants throw in a few bucks on this, you should check out FreedomSponsors!

• mickermicker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please test flexicontent all is in ...
        perfect compatibility with com content
        and ok for j3.1

• cardincardin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atleast some basic additional fields should be made available like Input / Textarea / Select / Image / Checkbox / Date / Link / Radio Button / Select Multiple /

• Joel GarcinJoel Garcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The great lack in Joomla.
        Drupal does it nativly and in a near future, it will be absolutly necessary for Joomla survival as major CMS.
        Component like Seblod, K2 avec too heavy for big website, Joomla! need to hase theses features in the core for easy website development and fill the gap from Drupal, EasyPublish and others strong CMS

• Hassan BarjasHassan Barjas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Keith, until Joomla starts to offer a solid core CCK , all our projects will be done using Drupal. By the way, i developed the official Mcdonalds Arabia website using joomla (previous version, its changed now) and i was very joomla guy, but the lack of CCK and the need for lot of components to build what became basic features of any website, where the website become slower and slower with every new component , is wat push me away

• Keith MountifieldKeith Mountifield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or, if that type of functionality is needed for a particular project, use one of the several very strong FREE components that provide that functionality.

@Hassan, you obviously haven't forgotten about Joomla, otherwise why are you bothering to post on this suggestion?

• Hassan BarjasHassan Barjas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this request have been pending since years and the joomla team did nothing about it (mostly coz of agreements with components providers) . just do wat i did.. SWITCH TO DRUPAL and forget about joomla

• Hitko KarantanecHitko Karantanec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the articles / content resources would behave similarly to menu items, to enable developers to specify the fields and everything through an xml template, and to integrate them in other components the same way categories can be integrated. This is pretty much the greatest lack of functionality Joomla! has, and not only the site is slower and fatter because every component has its own content system, it's also less unified.

• Ruben ReyesRuben Reyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flexicontent is already an excellent cck model that uses the standard joomla article and adds content types and fields.

One of the great things of Flexcontent is that its architecture is extensible, meaning that you can customize and develop your own templates for each category and item type, as well as build your own field types if needed.

Perhaps the same architecture can be used in the Joomla core.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been building websites with Joomla for the past years and I'm proficient with PHP.
        I have used seblod, fabric, and fields attach.
        The two main problems with current CCK's is that most extensions do not support them, and poor documentation.
        The Joomla native CCK should be integrated as a standard that all extension developers adhere to so that instead of having a few extensions for this CCK and a few for another all extensions would be compatible with the native CCK.
        It should enable all types of fields and conditional fields, and advanced search and display of content according to the different fields (something that Seblod excels at) so for example a category blog menu page could display only the articles with specific fields that match a selected criteria. i.e. display all articles that have a field start date from a certain date, or all articles with fields product: set to Toys and field age set to: under 10...
        This is essential for Joomla's survival as a CMS as Wordpress and Drupal offer a native CCK and as such offer much better usability.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple... the same stuff of extra-fields from K2 in the Joomla native article core... and article styles overrides from K2 too... And K2 image handling too, and... a lot of other stuff from K2 xD

Having the Joomla Article system and K2 Article system in the same site, dunno don't make any sense to me.

Joomla could let extensions developers to make nice effects or tools for sites. But, in case of K2 is like the CMS isn't joomla anymore, it's only K2.

It's just constructive criticism, but how can a serius team like joomla let a extension replace the basic function of any cms: article handling?

3 votes here. Regards!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base