What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

mutisite

mutisite support in joomla.

2,235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jetwangjetwang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Samuel MehrbrodtSamuel Mehrbrodt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone.
        This issue is a big deal for me, so I'm willing to pay USD 20.00 for it.
        This offer is registered on FreedomSponsors: http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/372/multisite-support-for-joomla
        If you solve it (according to the acceptance criteria described there), please register on FreedomSponsors and mark it as resolved there
        I'll then check it out and gladly pay up!

Oh, and if anyone else also wants throw in a few bucks on this, you should check out FreedomSponsors!

• Michael ReiterMichael Reiter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be useful because you have to update joomla only once for all the sites. But ONLY if updating joomla to the next version (including the extensions!!!) is a smooth process. Remember the migration from 1.0 to 1.5 and 1.6. Should the update create problems, it would mean it creates problems to all your sites!!!

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multisite with multi database system would be perfect.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be useful since the available third party extensions are very complicated. WordPress has this ability build in as well, but I [resume it will be not so easy to put this in the core without creating a lot of overhead for people who do not use this function.

Perhaps the solution could be to give an option during install so that no redundant code is installed if there is no need for it.

• HaldorHaldor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Guy Jeffries said it best. What people mean by "multisite support" are a multi database Joomla in one instalation (availiable in Joomla 2.5 if I´m not mistaken), where the databases used are determined by the url. This can be used to have multiple domane names in one instalation and / or multiple databases for one domane name.

• bharatbharat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We Need this feature. i have made same way as Core Multilanguage functionality in joomla 1.6+. N site with one admin. but people want this feature in core in near future.

• Guy JeffriesGuy Jeffries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is underdeveloped as described here. Look at the multi site solutions that already exist and you can see the devs have had to work up a few options to cope with different scenario's and I have different ones which are not represented by any assets that currently exist on the JED.

I think this would be better packed down into it's component parts and by bringing these part together it will be possible to make a variety of different solutions as well serving other possibilities that are not about different sites, such as landing pages from email campaigns or multi databases for one site.

I think what is actually being asked for here is a multi database/prefixed-table-set which can be chosen based on the url. A plugin which does that alone would do the majority of the heavy lifting for a multisite solution, this could even just pick on some tables and share others. Perhaps a URL choosing rules system not unlike the ACL system with the users being domains and the access being db tables. After that it's just a way of presenting different database set-ups based on the data set for the site - cloning, new install etc.

One area of multi-sites which look to have have added massive complexity is different load outs of assets which with the ACL system appear to me to be redundant now.

• aneeshaneesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, we can do it by developing a component. like onrevenue.us/aneesh. But joomla need some core level modification.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base