What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

mutisite

mutisite support in joomla.

2,224 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jetwangjetwang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Javad AmelJavad Amel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we've done it in our company through a plug-in and an administrative component that allows super-administrator to add new sub-sites and manage their users, components, templates and modules separately. admin also is able to specify the front-end language.
        however in my opinion it should be supported in joomla natively.

• Stefan | dpdkStefan | dpdk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making a Joomla! 1.5 site into a Multi-domain site, isn't a lot of work - for the core though - as a Minor core hack. But for all the installed extensions on the site, it's more work to make them all flexible.

So, this would probably request more effort from 3rd party developers than from the Joomla! core team to implement.

• HidabeHidabe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joomla dont need multisite... only need any event for do it possible with plugins.

• Eric DorieanEric Doriean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just master slave multi site. Also good for people to submit a content piece in a down stream site and have it available in all the sites

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To answer Trevor's comment, the client_id field is used to differentiate between front and back end.

• TrevorTrevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed the database "client_id" in 1.6 all over the place, but never found a documentation for this. Is this probably a preparation for multisites (or multi clients)?

• Pete JonesPete Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd vote for this if someone changed the title to multi-site. A really useful thing to have

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base