What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Plugin management

Expand the plugin manager as in the module manager, to be able to assign the page where to load or not each plugin.

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ced1870ced1870 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tobbytobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see it more important to find a way to manage plug ins depending on the extension. Let's say there is a general comments plug in you want to use for the content articles but also for one third party extension but not for another extension. How do this? In most plug ins where I had a look the are hardcoded for some extension(s).

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a major improvement in my opinion! This would solve a lot of terrible errors of plugin conflicts as well as make assigning stuff easier.

• ergeerge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Un grand merci pour ce plugin, mais quand je veux intégrer un module ou une image au menu ça donne rien... Peut être un bug ou une incompatibilité de version

• Nicholas K. DionysopoulosNicholas K. Dionysopoulos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This defeats the purpose of having system plugins and can have immense and unthought consequences to the workings of hundreds of extensions. Too bad UserVoice doesn't allow for negative voting because this feature, if implemented would make Joomla! unusable and cause developers to start, once again, hacking core files instead of delivering functionality with system plugins. That would be a huge step backwards by a whooping 10 years.

FYI, what you're suggesting is better implemented by having a centralized management of Javascript libraries or by implementing extension package dependency tracking.

• ced1870ced1870 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To explain how it can be used, imagine that you have a lot of plugins that you want to use only on specific pages, some of them only once. Then all the plugins are not compatible and generate conflict on the page (for example with multiple javascript library like mootools - jquery).
        With this system you can manage your plugin to avoid conflicts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base