What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Workflow

Put content through a customizable workflow before publishing

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leslie LabrecqueLeslie Labrecque shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MarkMark shared a merged idea: Workflow aproval system (for content publishing). This would be a great feature.  ·   · 
    Prasit GebsaapPrasit Gebsaap shared a merged idea: Provide workflow API in core  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FredericFrederic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workflow, such as versioning, must be part of the foundations of Joomla so that content, calendar, menu, module, Docman, etc, can use it, and that we have a single management interface.

• GoyatGoyat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workflow feature is a must to enter into big corporation market.

• Frank ScheuerFrank Scheuer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really important! Typo3 got workflow management, Plone has an excellent workflow. As an enterprise solution joomla should have workflow-management integrated.

• Prasit GebsaapPrasit Gebsaap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joomla! should provide component for workflow management as well as engine and API for extension developer to use. It can be activity based workflow or entity based workflow. Just start is good thing.

• FredericFrederic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A workflow is really necessary for Joomla. In many tender for the realization of a site can be seen that this feature is requested. For many customers, it is a basic functionality, essential and required.

• EmphyrioEmphyrio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple, customizable workflow for staging and approving of content items would be great. This was one of the basic features I expected Joomla to provide, but unfortunately it doesn't. For inspiration: I like the Workflow Extension from Fatica.

• ExirtisExirtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I badly need a workflow option for the school where I work, so that faculty can revise their assigned content and have it sent higher up the organization for approval or alteration, possibly having 1 or more additional approval steps before the proposed edits show live. If that's what this is, then I need it BAD.

• astudioastudio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not only for content but all items in order to use joomla as a DMS lite

Feedback and Knowledge Base