What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

SEF Urls without article id numbers

SEF articles without the article/content id numbers in them. Similar to what Gallery Project has achieved.

1,528 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JPJP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ericeric shared a merged idea: SEF Urls without article id numbers  ·   · 
    Edward GerholdEdward Gerhold shared a merged idea: remove the id number from the slug and let the alias be the only documents name by default.  ·   · 
    LeftfieldLeftfield shared a merged idea: SEF URLs and Meta Description for categories  ·   · 

96 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@KimBriggs Sorry, your comment is just useless at all... Nothing is changing constantly, the automatically created SEF URLs are perfectly fine for all search engines and they are created with a specific pattern that does not change the URLs dynamically! We are talking here only about a COSMETIC issue. Google does not care about the numbers in the URLs but some people do! I have a bunch of Joomla! websites which are ranked on top spots for many keywords. Joomla! is already very good in terms of SEO!

• KimBriggsKimBriggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG. I have been telling people how great Joomla is going to be as I plan to migrate my site. Can this still be going on in 2015??? Your SEF URLs are constantly changing!? In that case THEY ARE NOT SEF! What are all the large corporations that you boast about using this tool doing about this? Do you need a whole networking team to use Joomla effectively? I still can't believe it...

• MargMarg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, still an issue. As of this date, Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ]

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can either contact him here: http://joomlager.de/impressum
        Or you can comment on one of the pull requests with asking how to merge the branches. I'm not that savvy with Github which is why I haven't done it yet.

• OlegOleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Josh, it's quite tricky to prepare joomla build with all of this 9 PRs - it's divided by 9 branches, I don't know how to merge it into master.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with this... it would be great to get rid of Id article numbers, and even better if devs add auto incrementers for URLs that are repeated!

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Viktor, your mod works great. Is it possible to include this mod as a template over ride? I tried placing it into template/html/com_content/router.php but it didn't work for an over ride.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Joomla 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 Viktors router.php unfortunately does not work.

• Sharon HSharon H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Viktor Vogel! I replaced the old router.php with yours and it worked perfectly! Now, unless this is fixed with the next update, I'll have to hope your file works the next time. This seems so simple, why can't it be part of core Joomla without needing a hack?

• jordijordi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Yes!!.
        It affects very negatively to seo aspects and has a big impact on google webmaster

• JeremyJeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This seems like it would be one of the simplest features on this list to implement.

• David AscherDavid Ascher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

now that the article alias must be unique (with a category) there seems to be no reason at all to have the article id in the SEF url. Please soon... so we can get through the transitions already...

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base