What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Built-in Integration with Social Networks

The hability to add social media buttons like Facebook's like or Twitt Me's on articles. It's mainly because there are several ones but none that allow full customization without gettin' into PHP code, and that's simply not Joomla!

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Moises Perez CabreraMoises Perez Cabrera shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Oscar ValbuenaOscar Valbuena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's great, for example, Joomla! may be like Hootsuite, integrated whit so many networks with feeds, and article post general.

• WebMuseWebMuse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AddThis has a nice extension that you can have displayed in a module position on every page. I created a module position that appears just above the main content where this displays, for sharing of the article (or blog on the current page) to any of 324 different social networking sites. It works well, and also tracks the sharing/recommendations.

• conductorchrisconductorchris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is really important, but I wonder if Facebook and the like are changing too fast for it to advisable to put this in core.

• rolandwebdesign.comrolandwebdesign.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, along the email, pdf and print button could be facebook, twiter, and other social network button integration. I think is better for SEO also (you know back-links).
        All the best

Feedback and Knowledge Base