What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Powerful SEF Control

Flexible and powerful Joomla Core SEF control

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BoraBora shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

StackIdeas's EasyDiscuss has it pretty spot on. Basically it has id-less url's. In the case of the alias being the same as another, it simply puts a 2 at the end of the url, or a 3 if a 2 already exist.

So the structure for duplicates could be mysite.com/content/article-title-2

It's not that often that duplicates happen. A little number added to the alias would work just fine for those cases. As it is, you cannot have a article with the same alias as the other. Theoretically this can act as the unique identifier and would also solve the issue of people "faking" your url's for bad reasons.

• Nathan HawksNathan Hawks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The near-term goal should be, in my opinion, the simplest possible set of horizontal field elements, offering an editable field a la the current Alias field, plus a choice between available URL (nav) contexts. IMO, this also indicates the need for an element to also create a menu entry, in the process of creating a URL, perhaps via a choice of "New" under the selector for the URL (nav) context.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to see something like this in the core of Joomla!

• Giu Tae KimGiu Tae Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the missing chapter of the cms joomla... please consider a powerfull SEF control, with strong multilanguage capabilities

Feedback and Knowledge Base