Blog for Joomla
Like boggers, wordpress we can have a full functioned blog for joomla witch includes comment,comment, approval, pinback , sharing etc...
My choice for flexible menu system is Joomla and Blog like commenting is wordpress. Why not have a complete CMS system.
I would look for:
1) One touch online auto updates
2) Tagging & Blog like Comments
3) Configurable automatic back through email
4) Page code Editor
I love the K2 Component. But if joomla had its own built in blogging engine it would be the most powerful cms available.
Sheikh Pervez Hameed commented
A separate blog system is perhaps not required. Joomla articles are sufficient enough. But the features of a blog like commenting, tagging, et cetera are necessary.
Sure, there are also some third party extensions but few any good. The good usually costs money. My point is that some things just belong in a CMS
My opinion is, we need the following funktions as Blog-Funktions in the core:
1. Content-Tagging System
2. Simplified content creation (simplified WYSIWYG / HTML / Text input without code faults and Editor switching -> An ordinary text editor, which allows this - Example of the Wordpress editor -> Easy to use and with no problems)
3. Simplified Media integration in the content
4. Comment system
5. Social Sharing
6. Overhault or new content Rating System
7. Create a content and assign it to various categories. Not only a category ...
Nice to have: a Built in Gallery
These items should include in a modern CMS.
It would be awesome if these Blog functions were build into Joomla. There would be no reason left to mention Wordpress.
It would certainly also need a handy little calendar display.
Internet Souq commented
There are many third party tools like myblog for blogging but it would certainly help if a full fledged blogging tool is included in Joomla. A one probably like blogger
Nice idea but a lot of component make this
James Durrant commented
Joomla 1.6 has a default blog template.