What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Auto menu item creation when you create article on the frontend!

When a user creates an article via the frontend, then only way to create a menu link is for an admin to go into the backend.
Or for a categories page to be created which will just be one link to ALL created article of that category.
We need to allow a site to expand naturally with it's users, and navigation of the content is very important.
Please vote 3 votes to get the key feature added to Joomla as soon as possible!
Thank you!
=-)
Cormac DC

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DC_NavanDC_Navan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JorisJoris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think it is unbeleveble that this super easy feature is still not done.
        This is the only feature why i would advise others to use wordpress or others cms systems if they want it simple (who does not want that).

Joomla developers please shame on you, all those extreme good new features are fantastic but why not this easy one that will help so many people to like joomla more.

If this does not come in joomla i will use a third party exensions or going to switch to an other cms although i love joomla but my customers complaining allot about this feature and i have to do stuf so it is more easy for my customer.

Look to wordpress how easy it is to make a page and in joomla it should be more easy than that because it is Joomla :-)

• Per MattssonPer Mattsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good and very need. Joomla meny item creation is way to click intensive. And the meny item should of course by default inherit the name of the article.

It should be the normal behaviour also when you create an article on backend.

• sakuramasakurama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also believe this is an essential feature if clients are to use the site on their own. This in fact happens all the time. So how come this is NOT in Joomla yet. I bet there is some user trying to find a work around for that feature this very moment. So please include it. Thanks

• David O'SullivanDavid O'Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me this is probably the number 1 question I get asked by clients, as I like to try and make the sites I make as usable as possible from the front end. Users find clicking the 'edit' button totally intuitive. I also set up user menu options to easily enable users to add items to 'blog' style pages ('latest news' that kind of thing) but literally EVERY customer I have asks 'how can I add another PAGE to the menu?' Wordpress (3.3) has this functionality now, the user creates a page and if the admin has set things up correctly this gets added to the menu automatically, in fact if the user adds the item as a 'sub category' this gets added as a sub menu item. This is soooo user friendly. IMHO Joomla desperately needs this in tandem with CCK to keep up with the user-friendly nature of Wordpress- in fact I am on the brink of switching to Wordpress purely because of this. I really don't want to but I just feel J! is really starting to slip behind in terms of UX right now. This would really help. Gave this 3 votes ;)

• OmidOmid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there must be an item in article options that selects the menu that you want to put the article in.
        Of course there must be a demand to put an article in multiple menus.
        I will help to do that!

• DC_NavanDC_Navan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was in a basic form in Joomla 1.0
        And was removed in 1.5
        We need to see it back in an update to 1.6 or perhaps in 1.7.

Thanks for the support!
        =-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base