What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

User Profile image/avatar

Allow site users to upload an image file to be associated with their profile. The image could then be displayed along with any site posts and/or comments.

This is a sorely missing feature for Joomla which I hope to see added in a near term release (version 1.7 or 1.8).

530 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    steveapersteveaper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    steveapersteveaper shared a merged idea: User pofile image  ·   · 
    Uriel PinlazkUriel Pinlazk shared a merged idea: avatar personalization  ·   · 

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think ... they never goona build it because we are using 3.1 version and after 2 years, nothing yet !!!

But better later than never.. :)

• dinhdatledinhdatle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to create a plugin user profile have custom fields as age,facebook,avatar..Somebody tell me how to create function 'avatar upload ' in my plugin? I can't do it. Thanks!

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deno028. Thanks for your tutorial link. Is there any demo site that is using this so we can see it in action? It would be great if this was in Joomla by default.

• stutteringp0etstutteringp0et commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was expecting it to be present as well. Since it isn't, I'm writing one right now. I currently have the basic function in place and working - users upload images which are resized to an administrator specified dimension. I would say my progress is 70%. I'm attempting to use only Joomla native and Mootools native libraries so the plugin is lightweight.

Before I submit it to the JED, I'm going to implement several other features, such as:

require administrator approval (option)
        apply effects to the image (option)
        store original image (option)
        reprocess stored image (original or post-processed)
        crop (option)

Any other ideas before I finish?

• takaratakara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, prease incrude this for next Joomla 2.5. It is gleat feature for use of Joomla.

• IvanOIvanO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is #1 for my website requirements with Joomla. Please yes implement very best!

• Mike WolMike Wol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one feature I want more than any for Joomla. Can any Joomla team people give any idea if this will be implemented in 2.5?

If not, we need to see a good extension for this function.

• VeronicaDVeronicaD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree that Joomla really needs this functionality. This is a basic must have feature for any modern day CMS or forum software. I was actually surprised to not see this already announced as a feature for Joomla 2.5.

• VictorVictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature. Basic forum software (vBulletin, SMF, phpBB, etc) have this functionality so it would seem rather backward for for a CMS like Joomla to not have this feature.

Joomla devs. Any chance of this getting added to 2.5? Users should be able to upload an avatar image during the registration process and have it appear inline with any posts or comments they make on the site. Please consider this.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That, and maybe add some dynamic parameters to the user input, so admins can set up profiles to contain more info.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base