What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Version filtering

When searching the Extensions Directory, I hope that I could filter the search when looking for extensions for 1.6 version only or 1.5 version only or whether the extension supports all version.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    markmark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Terry ArthurTerry Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO need to wish for this it already exists. You can search by supported version(Joomla! 1.6 is compatible with 2.5) using advanced search and in the Joomla! 1.5 archive you can also search by supported version using advanced search.

• HansHans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The extension directory is a mess, but I don't know myself how it could be organized to save time needed for searching. Help!

• Al BoulleyAl Boulley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every version number should be a checkbox - so for instance someone can search for ONLY 1.6 and 1.7 compatible extensions, ONLY 2.5 compatible, etc. Quite honestly there are many people who shouldn't have to go through the myriad 1.5 Native extensions, when they have never and will never care about 1.5....

I agree with other comment that ability to filter on Javascript Framework requirement would be a plus. However of course Joomla version compatibility is of the utmost importance.

• ccondrupccondrup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice to see this being worked on, I would also like to see more filters in JED. For instance filter by the javascript usage of an extension (none, regular js, mootools, jQuery, ext.js etc)

Feedback and Knowledge Base