What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

cookies

A way of preventing cookies being placed on the visiting computer by Jooma, Template, or extensions.

So that the visitor could deactivate by agreeing to accept cookies. To be compliant with EU regulations.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WebdongleWebdongle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WebdongleWebdongle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just the UK but other EU countries as well. My module has been downloaded from places all over Europe. But it is not a Full solution. We need a solution in the core.

• John ParkJohn Park commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this functionality as it will become a legal requirement in the UK next year when the lead in period is over.

• tobbytobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider that it's not only about Joomla 1.6+ but also 1.5 as there are a lot of sites not easily upgraded to 1.6+

@ Webdongle: As it's an important issue I've reduced my votes somewhere alse and added 3 to this. ;)

• WebdongleWebdongle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@tobby

Increased my vote from 1 to 3(max aloud to assign). That's two of the votes you would have if you had any left :D

• tobbytobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree to infocom. It's a requirement not only for sites within the EU. It is also a necessity for all sites that in anyway is directed to users within the EU. I doubt there will be many consequences outside EU but at least for serious professionals it should be of interest to follow the EU regulations and country laws.
        I ran out of votes. Would give it at least 3.

• infocominfocom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this is a legal necessity and needs to be in the joomla core and optional for those in the world that dont have so stupid regulations as us!

Feedback and Knowledge Base