What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Multiple Authors of a Single Article

It would be really cool if a article had the possibility of having multiple authors. I've searched all through the forums which many seem to be in support of this. Perhaps either a button "Add Another Author", or a simple comma to separate the usernames on the Article Owner list. This would make it so another user (author) could edit the article as well. This would then change the need to make all my users a editor which increases the security of people's content if this feature was added. And for those who do not want multiple authors for there content, don't select another author. It would be simple and make managing content easier.

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoshJosh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree in journals research articles have from three to seven authors with same authority levels. We have now components, modules and plugins that solve more difficult tasks.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no extension in Joomla that does this as far as I know, I've looked at most of the entire JED over the course of 4 years.

• AlekksAlekks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should also be some sort of credit line, for example, I've got two people that have been working on the same article and a third guy who took the photo in the article.

So I've got three people wanting to be associated with the article, sometimes more, and I don't want the authors to write their names by them selfs, I want to controll the formatting, therefore I would like to see fields in the article creation page for this.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Joomla currently stores the "Last Modified By" so why not have a list of authors for an article. This would in my opinion make joomla more of a community software in the sense that people could work together in making great articles.

• Matias EkstrandMatias Ekstrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an idea which would help improve the flexibility of articles. Another benefit would be to display all the authors in frontend.

An addition could be to add a custom title to each of the authors depending on what they have done to the article. An example of what a user could add is "author" (standard), and a second could be "modified by" a third could be "information verified by", and so on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base