What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Add icon for trashed menu items

Currently, to someone who has never used Joomla, the whole menu item and trashed items can be a bit confusing. The concept is good, especially as a fail safe to maybe untrash a menu item instead of creating a new one. Here are actually 2 things I think should be thought about in order to make the trash section more useful to everyone.

1.) if someone currently tries to create a menu item with the same alias as a trashed one, it just says something like "can not create menu item, item under same root folder already has alias". This gives no indication that the item using the alias is in the trash. I suggest a simple language file change that gets used if the item is trashed, so at least the user knows to look there to fix / correct the issue.

2. To find the trashed items, you need to click the dropdown, which isn't too intuitive for beginners. I suggest maybe an icon at the top to look at just trashed items.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Happy DogHappy Dog shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Happy DogHappy Dog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oops, forgot to categorize this in site administration. Plus title is poorly worded. Sorry :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base