What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Add some standart for JavaScript initialisation in Joomla!

We need one way for script initialization, and it should be as standard for
people who made own extension.
More I tried explain here http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=28119

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FedikFedik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MalikMalik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

change page ID <body id="home"> so modules can be controlled at the moment my home page modules are on every page due to page ID not changing

so i can't assign modules to specific pages using this plugin

overall very good idea and the plugin works well but page ID is a very important factor as not all modules are designed to show on every page and can't not style page layout according to the menu item i.e. my home page layout is different to About page using this plugin About page styling not applied due to <body id="home">

• WauziWauzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, in the beez3-Template in Joomla 3.1.5 the adress in the url changes right, but the path in the breadcrumb stays.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

full ajax plugin has conflict with phocagallery because phocagalley images open in a new window instead of popup.plz help me to solve my problem

• Warped PerceptionWarped Perception commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be a great Idea. I have no easy work as an administrator to work with joomla extensions. They are some cool extensions out there like Jomsocial oder addfullajax. But i can´t bring them together so good because important functions don´t work after that.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey, is it somehow possible to use the ajax feature while browsing through an article with multiple pages? I would need this plugin only for this, cause i have multiple articles with more than one page, and i don't want to refresh the hole site just by switching to the next page of the article.

• FedikFedik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

use one 'domready' it also good idea but not flexible when need initialise some sript only for part of content that changed via ajax ... look the patch that I suggest on joomlacode.org

• stutteringp0etstutteringp0et commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I would be honored if my AdminExile plugin was integrated into the core. But I don't think that's what Fedik had in mind.

I've often though it would be nice to have something like:

JFactory::getDocument()->addScriptDomReady($script);

This way, there aren't 5000 domready statements on each page load. One window.addEvent('domready',function{
        // all of the domready statements go here
        });

Feedback and Knowledge Base