What features would you like to see in future versions of Joomla?

Email subscription module for new article notification

A simple module that allows people to subscribe with email only for notification of new articles on the site. When a new module is created the options for set up can include, create user group (for subscribers) and when published a check box can be added to article editor, to notify the user group. It would also need to include in the module options, Module Class Suffix and email options to allow admin to set up a verification email on subscription.

So the end user at the front end will have only a two click subscription with no form to fill in to register for the site and no need for login details, just an email sent to them whenever a new article is published.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon Booton-ManderSimon Booton-Mander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon Booton-ManderSimon Booton-Mander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"How would this be different than an RSS feed with an email notification?"

I am not sure how it is the same at all.

If you can tell me how to set up a simple subscription box with no reg form and then have each article I create automatically send to the subscriber list, all without the need for a Feedburner, I really would love for you to tell me, as it had been driving me up the wall trying to set this up.

Thanks,
        Simon

Feedback and Knowledge Base